Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the local show I ran across a first issue Cobra. As usual the finish is worn off of the alloy frame around the grips and on the high spots but the action is butter smooth and lockup is excellent. I am a S&W wheelgun type of guy but this poor little fellow looked so lost and forlorn I figured I would bring it home and let it play with my J frames.
The serial # is 2413xx-LW could someone give me an idea of its date of manufacture.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Looks like 1967. My only small framed revolvers are a .22 3"Cobra,a .32 3"Courier,and a very early (square butt)Detective Special 2". I love the looks & feel of I & J frame Smiths,but I shoot the Colts far better! Enjoy! Bud

·
Registered
535 Posts
Welcome, Chipking! Looking forward to hearing how you do with the new Colt. I, for one, always shot better with an Official Police than the S&W #10 or #19. And, I always shot better with a Cobra than the S&W #36 I had. Guess that's how I became a Colt fan. Not to say there can't be problems with either, but for me, I've never yet shot a Smith that I couldn't out-do with a Colt. Sometime, I'd like to try an Officer's Model Match against a K-38 and see what happens. For the Cobra and OP, it just doesn't make sense ... the Smith's ALWAYS have a nicer pull and lay better in the hand. The Colt trigger stacks up, the grip angle is odd and unsightly and the whole gun wiggles in the hand on 2X. But, ... I''ve been sold for years. But Smith wins by default. "Last man standing," sort of win. So much of our hobby is point of view, I guess ... I can't quite go back to the, "brown shoe," army but I DO remember carrying a REVOLVER to work as a policeman! Lordy Mercy! I just proofread my thread back to you and realized my whole piece is comparing OBSOLETE GUNS! "There we were, ... just me and Davey Crockett ..." Think I'll shut up and go make some tea. No beer - TEA!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rcwambold I know what you mean. I broke in wearing a wheel gun. My kids have pointed out to me that there is dirt in the yard that is younger than I am. And I point out that old and sneaky beats young and smart all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts