Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local gun shop yesterday that I very rarely go to just to look around and ended up leaving with my 2nd colt magnum carry. This one is like new in box with the orignal receipt from where it was bought new in 1999 in PA. The 1st one I picked up for $489 plus tax and this one I picked up for $525 plus tax. Very happy with them both. I will try to post pics later tonight.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Congratulations, coltismyfav! You know you got a really great deal, twice, don't you?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Colt magnum carry.jpg
Sorry for the bad cell phone pic, I just hope it worked. Maybe someone can help me, each gun has different grips did they come with either? Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Are either designated as 1st Edition? Either way, you got a spectacular deal - congratulations. I believe both should have the same stocks as I'm not aware of different ones during the short production run.

·
Registered
184 Posts
coltismyfav----A previous thread seemed to conclude (and I agree) that CMCs came with Hogue grips as pictured on the rear of your 2 gun display. The front ones are Pachmeyer (or similar) style which came on some DSs, but probably not the CCM. The pachmeyer type came with Colt horse medalions or no medalions. I have a Custom Shop DS with DA only bobbed hammer and hard chrome finish. It has Pachmeyer style rubbers w/ silver colt medallions and are marked "made in Italy" inside. Go figure!

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Although the photo is small, the stocks appear to be the style used on the DS-II which preceded the Magnum Carry. Whether Colt or a previous owner put them on is probably indeterminate. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts