Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attended the Missouri Valley Arms Collector Show in Kansas City this past weekend. Didn't find much, but what I did find was pretty good. Actually it was worth the drive. The first one is a factory engraved 1903 .32. It does letter with the pearl grips.

The next one is a very nice 1903 Pocket Hammer. The Colt recessed medallion pearl grips were probably added as they are not mentioned in the archives letter.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Two very nice Colt autos! Interesting letters on both. The grips on the 38/c are very desirable, although earlier and not mentioned in the Shipping Ledger. That 38/c also looks impossible to upgrade! Extremely nice. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Victorio, you are correct. The grips are a bit earlier than the pistol. When I was looking at the pistol, Doug Sheldon was standing beside me. I didn't know who he was although I have one of the books he wrote on the pocket hammer. He was giving his input so I introduced myself to him. He told me who he was and that he wrote the book. The recessed medallions were used for several years until they were used up. They were probably added later, but I really didn't care.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Thanks Victorio, you are correct. The grips are a bit earlier than the pistol. When I was looking at the pistol, Doug Sheldon was standing beside me. I didn't know who he was although I have one of the books he wrote on the pocket hammer. He was giving his input so I introduced myself to him. He told me who he was and that he wrote the book. The recessed medallions were used for several years until they were used up. They were probably added later, but I really didn't care.
On your gun this is nothing more than one speculation - but sometimes when someone replaced his "old model" with a new gun, the fancy grips were transferred from the "retired" pistol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts