Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited a friend today and while there noticed he had a Colt Blue and White Counter Matt lying on the basement floor. When I ask about it, he stated it was from his now closed gun shop. Then he said if I wanted it I could have it. I told him it was worth something, he said friendship was worth more and made it a gift. As soon as I get it cleaned up I will post pictures.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Good things happen from good people. I just bought a Colt 380 MarkIV Series 80 from "Snakeman" on the forum. I picked up the NIB Colt at my FFL and when I got home today there was a check in the mailbox for $12 from Russ (Snakeman) because shipping was less than anticipated. Another good friend.

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
I may be one of the 'good people' considering my experience last night, birthday party for my 90th. My wife of 63 years, descendants, relatives, friends, friends of friends & relatives, business friends, medical friends, LGS friends, attendees from several states, one a very distant relative retired US Army Colonel proven thru genealogical search with DNA. I was very moved by their testimonials and entertaining presentations & felt that my few words in response were lame by comparison. Ail in all, a true case of "once in a lifetime".

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
How nice! I love those things; can't wait to see the pics. I was a safety range officer with a many nmy senior. He routinely policed up brass on his off-hours and presented me with cases he knew I reloaded. The first time he did so I asked why he was so kind in doing it. He said, "because friends do nice things for nice people." We became great friends and it sounds just like the special relationship you have here. :cool:

·
Administrator
7,437 Posts
I may be one of the 'good people' considering my experience last night, birthday party for my 90th. My wife of 63 years, descendants, relatives, friends, friends of friends & relatives, business friends, medical friends, LGS friends, attendees from several states, one a very distant relative retired US Army Colonel proven thru genealogical search with DNA. I was very moved by their testimonials and entertaining presentations & felt that my few words in response were lame by comparison. Ail in all, a true case of "once in a lifetime".
Congratulations and happy birthday sir !! :cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I missed it but will try to stop again next time I go to Tulsa. I always enjoy our visits.
Mike

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Well I described the mat incorrectly. It was so dirty I thought it was blue and white. After cleaning it now shows gold instead of dirty white. Here is the mat picture as promised.
The Colts are a 1929 DS that shipped to the New Jersey prison system and is engraved a such on the back strap, it letters as a part of a shipment of 50, the other is a 1933 Officers Model target in 22 LR.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Mike,

Congrats on the counter mat find! I got mine recently from Nate Walters at a reasonable price. Thanks again, Nate. Seems like the roof flew off on these just lately. One on Ebay went thru a heavy bid war and ended at $260. I'd sell mine for that if I had gotten it from a stranger, but now it's an heirloom. I have picked up a Colt 2000 counter mat I'd let go - if anybody has a Colt 2000. Pretty neat even though the gun never really took off. I'll post a photo on WTS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.