Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I actually spoke with a gentleman a few days ago that owns 4 sets of these. I wish I had been collecting for the last 20 plus years myself because there's no telling how many 10s of thousands of dollars I've thrown at a dang drag car. I can't complain because I had a hellofa time doing it and now enjoy my large snakes in the safe

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Well, maybe I'm dense. But how could that be a "set?" The Python is nowhere in the same category as the other two?

Bob Wright

·
Registered
53 Posts
Shouldn't the set include a 4th? If they are calling it a Serpentine (snake) set then the Diamondback (as in rattle snake) should be included right? Python, King Cobra, Anaconda, and Diamondback.

MadDog

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I guess Colt Picked 3 and went with it. If you wanted to have a complete Serpentine Set it would have to include the Cobra, Viper, Boa, the price tag would get really lofty....As if it's not now at 3.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I guess Colt Picked 3 and went with it. If you wanted to have a complete Serpentine Set it would have to include the Cobra, Viper, Boa, the price tag would get really lofty....As if it's not now at 3.
Maybe Colt should have called it the Stainless Serpentine Set!?! Now that would make it a complete set.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wish Colt and S&W would have cleaned up their roll marks on the 1980's and 90's produced guns. IMHO, they make the gun look "cheap"

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Are these just standard revolvers? Does rolling that bit of script on the barrel really hike the price that much? :bang_wall: Wonder where I put that Dremel.......

Rio

1 - 16 of 16 Posts