Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Michael,

What you're looking for would have to be custom made. However, you will need to check the restrictions on ivory in your state, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
AB 96 fixes this by eliminating the pre-1977 loophole in California's ivory law and banning the sale, offer for sale, possession with intent to sell, and importation with intent to sell of elephant, mammoth, narwhal, whale, walrus and hippo ivory, along with rhinoceros horn. It also increases penalties for traffickers to up to roughly $50,000 and/or one year in prison.
Assuming said gun is in Los Angeles...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Michael,

What you're looking for would have to be custom made. However, you will need to check the restrictions on ivory in your state, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.
No disappointments expected. I hack gun laws for a living. In the event, I am asking for referrals to custom makers. I understand that Nutmeg is no longer the go-to outfit.

·
Registered
760 Posts
From what I understand, Jim's son's-in-law were tutored by him and still do custom fitting. They were in the business with him for some time before his passing. You might check with them.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Nutmeg shipped my King Cobra earlier this week. I know they are still operating. It amazes me that folks hear stuff they don't believe on the net, then ask the net if it's true! Pick up the phone, it's free, it's fast and it's fact!

·
Premium Member
12,532 Posts
Granted Jim and his team did great work, but Brent at Colt told me his daughter and son-in-law are continuing the business and doing fine work still. I personally would have no hesitation going to them if I was in the market again.
Totally agree! He mentored them as they worked with him side by side in his daily chores. He is sure missed but they will carry on his tradition of fine craftsmanship, I feel sure.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wouldn't dismiss Nutmeg either...
l will assume they are still top notch and I have previously had them fit ivory to a SAA and was well satisfied.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts