Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I received a phone call from Jerry Moran. He read and liked my studies of Korth and Manurhin revolvers. The personal effect of this call approximated a palpable sign of God’s approval of my devotion to the worship of his creation. Mr Moran is in good spirits and remains active in the sports, but, regrettably, no longer makes his perfected Python actions. He can be found on Facebook, and likewise my personal page and tributes to Korth and Manurhin MR73. All aficionados of the Colt Python owe him a debt of gratitude, and would be well advised to express their appreciation online.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I remember reading about this gentleman many years ago. It is sad that so many talented craftsmen are retiring, ageing out, or passing away. It makes me wonder who will carry on, with their advanced skills, in the future?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,085 Posts
As with any "antique" when a need for repairs or rebuilding appears, people who have the skills to do the work will also appear.

If you need work on a 1925 car, a WWI Jenny airplane, a 1880's Rail Road watch, or an old Colt pistol, you can find experts who can work on them and do so with top quality workmanship.

When a need develops experts will appear to meet the need.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was on Jerry Moran's waiting list for several YEARS.
He quit the business before he got around to me.
I sold that Python for about 10% of current resale, later traded an European automatic for another and sent it to Reeves Jungkind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts