Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your opinions on "Jewelling" parts of a revolver??? The hammer and trigger seam to be the most popular... Will it lessen the value of a prestigious DB, Python, SAA etc.??? Would it add value??? Is it a personal thing???

I am very curious,

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
For me it is a personal thing, I tend to dislike it and would not buy a Colt that had jewelling added after market, unless there was some rarity factor that I just had to have the gun (Like to make a consecutive pair or something like that). AGAIN... This is just my opinion but you did ask for opinions... :) Bob Best

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
While somewhat popular in the past it's seldom seen today as decoration. In machine work it solves some lubrication problems, but I never understood why people thought it was decorative.
As to value once you alter the original finish on a firearm the value drops.

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
I don't like it personally. Reminds me of old hot rod dashboards and seems to draw too much attention to the small parts of the revolver.

Of course, it is your gun so do exactly what you want!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I like it on the hood/barrel of a custom 1911. Maybe the hammer sides or trigger even.
I don't think I could go for it on a revolver.

·
Registered
778 Posts
It is on a couple of our revolvers that we bought used, and as is. Do I like it? No, but what do you do when it was done on a gun you bought for a reasonable price.

I believe it can be polished out, and if it bothers me a lot more on a gun that doesn't get resold, thats what I'll do.

It does in my opinion downgrade the value of the gun. Some people just like to pimp up their things, and to them I say, have at it if it makes you feel good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts