Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I picked up this lettered John Adams engraved SAA for about 1/2 price because someone along the way put their name on the back strap and poached the original Ivory stocks. One of our forum members (PQuig), who is a master engraver, agreed to take this project on and cut a new back strap and fitted new Ivory. This SAA is now back to looking like new. I thought you would enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
A few months ago I picked up this lettered John Adams engraved SAA for about 1/2 price because someone along the way put their name on the back strap and poached the original Ivory stocks. One of our forum members (PQuig), who is a master engraver, agreed to take this project on and cut a new back strap and fitted new Ivory. This SAA is now back to looking like new. I thought you would enjoy the pictures.
Beautiful SAA, I know you are proud of it as I would be. Just for my information, what is poached with the Ivory Stocks. PQuig must have done a great job. Thanks for the information. Dennis

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Beautiful SAA, I know you are proud of it as I would be. Just for my information, what is poached with the Ivory Stocks. PQuig must have done a great job. Thanks for the information. Dennis
In answer to the two messages above, The SAA was originally engraved by John Adams and came with Ivory stocks. When I purchased it the Ivory was missing and someone had their name engraved on the back strap. Phil Quigley engraved a new back strap to match the SAA and fitted a new set of real Ivory. Below is the letter from John Adams and the original back strap. :)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts