Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I was just discussing with my wife this morning that the Declaration of Independence literally told the king of the mightest kindom in the World at that time that enough was enough. And he sent not only his army, but mustered up help form other European nations to jelp him, and turned American Indian tribes against us.

I cannot help but believe only Divine Intervention gave us the victory.

God bless America!

Bob Wright

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Thanks Bud, for a lot of reasons. Sends me back down memory lane about my ancestor James McCrory who was a Rev soldier, wintered at Valley Forge, etc. ------ history being a bit different, we might be under the same flag today,

OTOH, second thought, events in recent months, I envy you being free of the current gov't evil we are trying to survive.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Thank you my friend, and a BIG 'congrats' on your upcoming anniversary! Of course we in the lower portion of the continent celebrate our Independence Day but I sure hope you have a wonderful fourth of July as well! :cool:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks Bud.

If not for the Frenchies finally showing up with their Navy off the shore of Yorktown, maybe it would be the United Kingdom of North America.

But we pulled their pig out of the fire, as payback. "O-ver theeere". Twice.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Someone once asked me if they have the fourth of July in Canada... I said sure, they have the fourth of July everywhere, it's just not their Independence Day, Eh.

In David McCullough's biography of John Adams, he relates Adam's prediction in 1776 of future celebrations on July 4 with parades, flags, and fireworks. One interesting comment made in the book was that "if Thomas Jefferson was the author of the Declaration of Independence, John Adams was its voice."

Bud, you have a great day. Pop open a Sleeman's for me, and remember that there are some things that Canadians have that we don't.

Buck

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Thanks Bud. Congratulations on your 39th anniversary year. You are our great neighbor from the north. God bless America and God bless Canada.

Reactions: Matchlock

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
thanks bud, my wife and i had our 37 yesterday. the priest wouldn't marry us on the fourth in 1976 because it was a Sunday. so there went our bicentennial wedding. only thing that could make our 4th of july better is for a certain potus to leave office and go with Morsi of egypt.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi Bob;

Yessir, you're right on that front for certain. The British, as far back as 1359 (500 years before America's independence), thought they would rule the world. They even went and got the Norsemen to come and fight their wars with them because they weren't capable on their own. King John was such a puss.

Glad it all turned out in favor of the fine people of America. I see America, as I do my beloved Canada, two of the most kind and generous nations on earth.

Thanks to all of you for your fantastic replies.

Bud

I was just discussing with my wife this morning that the Declaration of Independence literally told the king of the mightest kindom in the World at that time that enough was enough. And he sent not only his army, but mustered up help form other European nations to jelp him, and turned American Indian tribes against us.

I cannot help but believe only Divine Intervention gave us the victory.

God bless America!

Bob Wright

1 - 10 of 10 Posts