Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This lil sucker was passed to me by my dad. Yes, it is not in the best of shape but it still shoots. I was cleaning her and split the LH side grip. Can anyone tell me where I can get an original set with the shown medallions? I looked up the serial number on Colt and it stated:
JUNIOR COLT .25 (SHARED SERIALS WITH JUNIOR COLT .22) & (FROM 1970) WITH COLT AUTO .25

Any info will help
Thanks
photo 2.jpg photo 4.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 3 copy.jpg

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. There are several sets for sale on gunbroker.

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
I assume the stock panel broke when it was pried off from one side or the other, rather than being pushed out from below through the magazine well. Just epoxy the broken pieces back together. (You could inlet a couple of nails across the back to add strength if you think it necessary, which it probably is not.) The rest of the gun does not justify spending money for replacements. Your money. Your choice.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sometimes rewards and returns are measured in intangibles and not dollars. Making something better than it was when you got it is all right in my book, even if you can't get out of it what you put into it. I have put more money in a number of old cars than what I could possibly get out of them, but I had the fun and pride of ownership and making them the best I could with what I could afford at the same time adding life to something that someone would own after I died.

Go ahead and put new grips on it if that's what floats your boat - it's not like you 'll be out a whole lot and you will improve the looks of the piece...but be sure to keep the originals.

Reactions: 824tsv

·
Premium Member
12,541 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Troy. I actually concur with both the Judge and BigDan. In one way since the stocks are likely original to the gun your Dad gave you and actually in better shape than the pistol itself, they could be epoxied together. The break looks clean enough to make a good strong repair. On the other hand if you want to replace them, there are some on Gunbroker.com as 824tsv points out, and they are not expensive; they are also not as good as your set was. Go to the site and use the Advanced Search for seller: mets2redsox0.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas! I know the gun is in bad shape but anything that is passed down in my family especially a gun or a knife is special and should be embraced. I actually broke the grip while i was wiping it down in my hand. This gun has been put up for 15 yrs or so and it doesnt seem that it was cleaned prior to. The break is very clean and I do believe i will repair it for now.

I am not a gun guru by far, but is there anything that can be done to restore this gun as far as all the pitting? Can a gunsmith polish out or fill? I know this is a well liked pocket gun and I hate to see it in this shape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts