Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,

Just took this one in on trade. In my never ending search for a 78 Python I acquired this one and another semi-auto. Serial number is E180XX. When I look it up through Colt it lists two DOBS (70 and 75), what's the deal with that? Overall the gun is in good condition. There is some wear on the muzzle and the cylinder, I have tried to photograph those areas. What's with the brass plate on the bottom of the grips too? Another question mark for me is the box. Do you guys think it is original? It is pretty beat up. There is no serial number on the end label, however, it is hand written on the bottom of the box. What do you guys think? I would appreciate the feedback before it heads to the Classifieds section. This whole Python bug has bit me hard. Thanks again for the help.

Z

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Muffler
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
zman,I believe that the box is right.They seldom had the serial number on the end AIRC.The plate on the bottom of the stocks is what is called a skull crusher.About all I can add.D*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.