Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This screamed my name earlier today! One of my grail guns that I've never acquired is a S&W K-32 or the later Model 16. I believe that that quest went on the back burner for a while. :)

What are the production numbers on these? Years of production?

I have the correct ejector rod head......

Serial number is 6432xx.

Pretty stoked about this one!!!

Best,
Charles

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Congratulations. Beautiful target revolvers built like a Swiss watch. I believe that they made less of the Colts than the K-32s.
I've got a OMT in 32 from 1939 NIB and a few of the K-32s. I have never shot my OMT but if it's like the other Colt OMT's I have shot, it would be equal too or better than the K-32.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Outstanding ! I have an OMT in .22 and .38 and would love to add a .32 to the set. I'll bet it would be a sweet shooter and capable of tearing the center out of the X ring.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
1940 on the year?

You should just forgot about a K32 now, you have one better.

Very nice clean example. Looks like there might be some freckling on that side plate. I would probably give it a good clean and eliminate any surface corrosion before it can get worse.

Have fun at the range, should be an awesome shooter. Have wanted a 22 version for some time, but ended up with a K22, go figure.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The OMT arrived today. It appears unfired as it still had Cosmoline in the barrel and chambers and no sign of a turn line. The stocks felt "new" as well.

I did add the proper ejector rod head and now it looks showroom new!

Best
Charles

·
Registered
24 Posts
How did you remove the cosmoline?
I just purchased a 2in cobra 1962 and it still is packed in cosmoline and I am thinking of cleaning.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
How did you remove the cosmoline?
I just purchased a 2in cobra 1962 and it still is packed in cosmoline and I am thinking of cleaning.
When I was a Navy Seabee we had to clean cosmoline off of and out of a 106mm recoilless rifle every Saturday. We used a bucket of gasoline and lots of rags. The bad thing was after inspection, we had to goop it all back up again!

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
Sounds like the government...busy work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts