Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a Colt 6940 brand new last week. I live in CA so I have to wait 10 days and get my rifle next week. This will be my first rifle technically. When I was in the Marines I had a Colt M4. I also own a XD40 with the Viridian C5L green laser/light. Last weekend at the gun show in Ontario, Ca I bought a LumaForce 520 Light but I switched the head out on the light so that it would have "teeeth." Then a NcStar APRLSG green laser and that front grip. I can't wait to get it on my new toy. I'll post pics when I get it next Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

You'll love the 6940. I bought one four months ago and love it to death. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I pick it up tomorrow morning and can't wait. Also already got the cmmg 22 conversion kit and 5.56 & 22 rounds already. Probably going to go to the range this weekend

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMAG0056.jpg the scope and the bipod arent mine, my buddy just wanted to see what it looked like with those on it. after seeing it he is thinking about selling his vw to buy a m4. hopefully i can take it out this weekend to pop some rounds off

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got mine last Fall and really like it for coyote hunting when I plan on walking alot between stands due to how light it is. I had a Bushnell Elite 4x12x40 mounted on it but put that on my Colt 6724 and now it has a Eotech 512 on it that I got for a super good price. I just ordered a Geissele SSA trigger for the 6940 and hopefully will be able to drop it in next week. That is the only downside to mil-spec rifles..the triggers..but I do understand why the government wants the rifles that way. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks man, some good tips there. if it is anything like the one i had in the Marines I will definitely enjoy it. in a way i hope that i dont have to work this weekend so that i can take it to the range. i think my next buy for this will be an ACOG, i dont know, they are kind of pricey but im sure it would be worth it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice Rifle!

I think that your Friend should sacrafice his VW as a target for your new 6940.
Let's see some pics after 62 grain Greenie's rip into the doors. Maybe a can of gas or 2 in the back seat for a grand finale.

Enjoy and Thanks for serving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice Rifle!I think that your Friend should sacrafice his VW as a target for your new 6940.Let's see some pics after 62 grain Greenie's rip into the doors. Maybe a can of gas or 2 in the back seat for a grand finale.Enjoy and Thanks for serving.
Lol. That sounds good. Maybe even add some propane tanks to for that little extra

1 - 12 of 12 Posts