Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started as a 6" Royal Blue,1978 vintage.Was returned to Colt in 1981 to have barrel changed to 8" when they became availiable.Gun has been fired very little.Have the following,original 6" barrel with sights returned with conversion,original letter from colt on conversion,original invoice for conversion and action tuning work done,sales reciept from selling dealer in 1978,all tags and instruction manual,colt screw driver and unopened oiler with both boxes.Gun still retains 8" barrel.Original 6" box and 8" box gun was returned in.Your thoughts.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,807 Posts
Personally I'd say it's a wash.

Anytime a gun is re-barreled it's no longer original.
However, in this case, it was done by Colt, so there's probably no reduction in value.

The presence of the letter and paperwork, the original box, papers, and accessories, and the custom tuning, would make this worth about what any original 8" tuned would be worth.

I hesitate to assign values to Colt's these days due to the ballooning prices, but as a wild guess, $1000.00 to $1200.00.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
IMO even though Colt did the work it would still letter as a 6 incher and thus no longer original. It would be a shooter grade 8 incher. Pricing would be difficult with Colt prices being all over the spectrum, but I would say under $1000 as 8 inchers aren't that popular.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
IMO even though Colt did the work it would still letter as a 6 incher and thus no longer original. It would be a shooter grade 8 incher. Pricing would be difficult with Colt prices being all over the spectrum, but I would say under $1000 as 8 inchers aren't that popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I have the original barrel that could be put back at any time.Then it is what it originally was,a gun that has been fired very little in near new condition,box,accessories,all paperwork and a spare 8" barrel with sights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts