Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was window shopping on GunBroker today and saw this beautiful Colt Government Model. Colt 1911 Custom Shop Presidential GB : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com. A real looker, I would say. Got to thinking that I purchase my 1883 Colt Artillery in good working condition for $300 less (including the Colt letter). Now, if I had $2499 to spend, I had to buy a gun and these were the ONLY two to choose from, I know which one I would choose. Anyone care to choose also?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
No reason to break the chain.The hogleg for sure.D*

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
I'm going to rain on your parade just a little...
Apples cost more per pound on average than oranges; That is what you are comparing here.

If there was a Semi Auto of the same vintage as your SAA you might get closer, BUT I doubt the SAA is $300.00 less today.

Personally I can't see the justification for some of the Semi Auto Prices in comparison to the Heritage of the SAA, but I am old and stuck in my world.

Even if the prices were the EXACT same and the SAA was more by $300.00 I would still focus on the SAA.

See that wasn't too bad...was it ? ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Definately the SAA!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Wonder if you would get the same responses if you asked this question in the "semiauto pistol" section?:)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm a confirmed 1911 dude (17 Colt 1911s vs 3 SAAs) but I'd ALSO take the SAA. Too much history there. I can always find another nice 1911.
Bob

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
Just to be different I'd take the....no, you all know that I'd pick the SAA. Not even a close choice for me.

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
I am a DA Revolver Man, and I tend to like the Colt 1911's more than the SAA's, but between those 2, I would take the SAA in a second. It is a much better investment. Also I never cared much for Gold on Guns especially on commemoratives. JMHO.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, I would call that unanimous. I guess we can all agree on some things. Hogleg for me too. I wonder if this forum were targeted to the under 30 crowd if the choices would be different. Thanks to all...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, I would call that unanimous. I guess we can all agree on some things. Hogleg for me too. I wonder if this forum were targeted to the under 30 crowd if the choices would be different. Thanks to all...
Glock or SAA ? Like, now that's the question. (but not for me )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts