Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of the(6-inch)S&W M&P that I just found to go with my recently purchased Colt New service .38(I must be having a lucky sreak?)!:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey that’s a nice looking M&P you have there, Colt! The hammer tells me it is prewar – or possibly a “transition” model from the early post war. I think the grips are postwar though -- probably early 1950s. But I’m just guessing -- has to be pre ~'67 though with the diamonds. I do not know M&Ps that well, but they are a truly classic gun. (There is a monograph on ‘em, too.)

Sure is in terrific shape Say, you are becoming quite the photographer, aren't you! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Onomea:

1)Yes, this is an transitional, early post war M&P-with the long action and an pre war frame(Marked, "Made in USA" only!)! It was made in 1946!

2)No, the grips(Stocks)are original to this revolver! If you look close, in the first picture, you will notice the sharp edge at the top of these grips(Rather than the smooth rounded edge, like for the 1950's grips!)!

3)Well, I'm not really what you might call a good photographer-but, sometimes I get lucky, in producing some fairly good pictures from my older, Sony Mavica(Floppy disc)digital camera!

4)Thank you, for your nice compliments!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1)Thank you very much!

2)Here is one more(Transitional)1946 vintage(2-inch)M&P, that I had recently purchased(Just prior to my(6-inch M&P(Shown above))and I was surprised to find that the serial number on this(2-inch)M&P, is only -700 numbers below my(6-inch)M&P!

·
Registered
576 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

2)No, the grips(Stocks)are original to this revolver! If you look close, in the first picture, you will notice the sharp edge at the top of these grips(Rather than the smooth rounded edge, like for the 1950's grips!)!

[/ QUOTE ]

Right you are, Colt! Gotta sharpen up my eyeballs. Say, that two-incher is a beauty, too. You are building yourself quite a collection! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Onomea:

Thank you, for your highly valued compliment on my M&P's! My collection is small-but, I'm trying to build up a good group of revolvers, to be proud of!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts