Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Just got this, to mix in with my Colt\'s!

Very nice. The second gun I bought as an adult was an M28 just like this one, brand new in early 1972. Naturally, I still have it. I added Herret stocks to make it easier to control, and the sheer weight helps there, too.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Dorsey:

Well, I just had recently acquired some N-frame herrett's stocks. Since you have indicated how good they work, I might install them on my Model 28-2 and give them a whirl? Thanks, for the tip!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

I have been looking for a suitable 6 inch 5 screw to complete a project I have been working on. You would think a Highway Patrolman wouldn't be hard to find, but it's turning out to be like hen's teeth for me. I missed one chance, but my time will come.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

I picked up one in August for $225 OTD, A 4" in at least 98% shape,but no box. It came with "firestones",but I had some correct non diamond magnas on hand for this 1975-76 gun.

Like majic,I bought it with a "conversion project" in mind,plus the price at the pawn shop was too good to pass up. But the gun is such a fine shooter,even though the .357 Magnum is not my favorite to reload/shoot,the gun will stay "stock".

What surprised me was the "gloss" of the finish on the non matte parts of the gun,compared to many earlier Highway Patrolman I have seen over the years. No,its NOT a refinish!

Bud

·
Registered
17 Posts

Way nice!!! The Model 27 and 28 are on my "wanted" list for my S&W collection. You've got a gem!

- Eric

·
Registered
345 Posts

Some of my favorite guns are 4 inch Smithes.I especially like the 4 screw 29's in 4 inch.The 4 inch is by far the most popular barrel lenght.I almost exclusively go after the 4 inch barrel lenght in most all guns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts