Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got this one in, and very pleased I am. Looks to be unfired (NRA Commemorative). It's missing the wood presentation box, so I got it at a pretty good price (didn't want the box, anyway). A .357 7.5" is way down the list for most people, but I like the .38s and .357s because I can shoot lots of free ammo in them. This one will get broken in tomorrow. Trigger is very nice, and the action is timed perfectly.

I was going to fit new stocks and polish off the "1871 NRA Centennial 1971" barrel inscription, but the fit, polishing and finish are excellent. I also like the color and feel of the stocks. I'll just shoot and enjoy it as-is, I think. It is what it is...a shooter!
Bob

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
OIF2,

You made a good choice on the NRA Commemorative revolver! I got one in the box unfired about a year ago and it is NICE! I removed the Gold Filling on the Barrel by rubbing it lightly with Ballistol (my favorite oil) and it came right out. I would also guess that Hoppes #9 would do the same.

The action on mine was excellent, but i did do a little "breaking" of sharp edges on some of the action parts and the Chimney where the Hand rotates the Cylinder. I used the tips that Jim Martin had advised me on, LOL! The revolver looked so good, I added a set of Ivory Stocks too. All in all, the NRA is a very nicely priced and well made revolver.....You did well!!!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's very nice, I like the stocks as well, especially if you swapped in some Colt medallions.
I was thinking about doing that. Does anyone know if the regular Colt medallions would fit? Seems like the NRA medallions are bigger. Some nice nickle Colt medallions would definitely look good.
Bob

·
Registered
9,326 Posts
Those NRA guns were beautiful. And they were, in my opinion, the 2nd best commemoratives Colt put out. Those medallions are a major distraction but no big deal in this case. The case colors on everyone of these I've seen here are outstanding. I'm glad you're going to shoot it, but when you called it a shooter I didn't expect it to look this new.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice. I like to shoot the 38s too. Luckily, I have a friend that has his bench permanently set up to re-load 38s.
A Colt SAA and several boxes of .38 wadcutters is a beautiful thing. Way more fun than a .22.
Bob

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have one just like it....only with a lot more "use". I have a friend that has made me swear that he gets first dibs if I ever decide to get rid of it because he has seen how it shoots. It is amazing with mags or specials either one.

Enjoy shooting it!

Dan

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have one just like it....only with a lot more "use". I have a friend that has made me swear that he gets first dibs if I ever decide to get rid of it because he has seen how it shoots. It is amazing with mags or specials either one.

Enjoy shooting it!

Dan
Thanks, I will! Couldn't shoot today because of the freak snow storm here in TX. Hopefully tomorrow.
Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts