Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Same opinion here...leave it as it is. That little pistol worked long and hard to get to where it is today. The scars of experience and history are obviously upon it. Adventures and close calls that we will never know...but, I bet you can feel the vibrations of those as you hold it in your hand. Refinish it and those vibes will go away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agree with everyone else... Don't try and fix something that isn't broke...especially if it is a low serial number collector's piece...

If I come across a parts gun, or one that has been through the ringer with no specific collector's value or unique serial number - sure, I tinker with them and usually end up getting a new finish put on them...but if what you have does not fall into any of those brackets, leave her be and enjoy as is... :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
They're not making any more of these babies, especially with such low serial numbers, so do the right thing and respect it as it is. Refinishing is a mistake, pure and simple.

IIRC, the early ones had blued barrels. Is yours? I couldn't tell from the pictures.

Nice pick up. I love these little guys.

Ed B.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an old Colt Vest Pocket .25 with a 3 digit Ser #. I found it in a collection I bought wrapped up in a Crown Royal Bag and hidden in an old ammo can under many other ammo cans. It looked like it was hidden for a long time. It looks great and fires fine. The blue is pretty much gone but it's a dandy. I never get that lucky, and I just thought I would share my lucky find with fellow Colt guys.

·
Premium Member
21,360 Posts
I have an old Colt Vest Pocket .25 with a 3 digit Ser #. I found it in a collection I bought wrapped up in a Crown Royal Bag and hidden in an old ammo can under many other ammo cans. It looked like it was hidden for a long time. It looks great and fires fine. The blue is pretty much gone but it's a dandy. I never get that lucky, and I just thought I would share my lucky find with fellow Colt guys.
Pictures, or it never happened.:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.