Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we don't like to post political discussion, this is meant to inform any of you that are considering buying anything from Kay Jewelers, a new store opened in my area and I observed this sign on the door and grabbed a picture to share. If mods feel this is not informative feel free to remove, but I know what store that will not get a single dime from me this holiday season! I just want everyone to be a informed consumer.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yep just asking for Mr Robber to do some shopping. I'm sure as with many Sates it doesn't comply with Texas law regarding legal signage prohibiting a License to Carry holder from carrying Open or Concealed.

Although, I don't spent my time or money in places that openly put me at risk and tries to keep me from being able to lawfully protect myself.

·
Registered
181 Posts
From Florida 790.251 (there are places that are exempt but I'm pretty sure a jewelry store is not one of them.your mileage may vary)
(4) 
PROHIBITED ACTS.No public or private employer may violate the constitutional rights of any customer, employee, or invitee as provided in paragraphs (a)-(e):

(e) No public or private employer may terminate the employment of or otherwise discriminate against an employee, or expel a customer or invitee for exercising his or her constitutional right to keep and bear arms or for exercising the right of self-defense as long as a firearm is never exhibited on company property for any reason other than lawful defensive purposes.

·
W.E.Coyote Acme Computer Genius
1,165 Posts
There are other Stores that sell jewelry, Ill shop someplace else.

They should just put on the window that armed robbers are not allowed on the premises and be completely Safe.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
From Florida 790.251 (there are places that are exempt but I'm pretty sure a jewelry store is not one of them.your mileage may vary)
(4) 
PROHIBITED ACTS.No public or private employer may violate the constitutional rights of any customer, employee, or invitee as provided in paragraphs (a)-(e):

(e) No public or private employer may terminate the employment of or otherwise discriminate against an employee, or expel a customer or invitee for exercising his or her constitutional right to keep and bear arms or for exercising the right of self-defense as long as a firearm is never exhibited on company property for any reason other than lawful defensive purposes.
Maybe so, but the photo above does not comply with FL Law which requires a specific posting.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Maybe so, but the photo above does not comply with FL Law which requires a specific posting.
I thought the sign for places that did not allow weapons in their facilty had to post the Federal mandated sign. This sign is a specific size, nomenclature and picture of a handgun with 45 degree bar thru the pistol. I know SC follows the Federal Sign posting.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Good post Pappy.

We don't have any Kay's Jewellers up here but I just might come down there and find one, just to go in and tell them why I won't shop there.

I hope that helps Pappy.

Bud
ps
.... and on top of that, the last line of their sign should have read, "on these premises"

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Some of us in Texas take signs that appear to the idiot public as correctly worded as simply cryptic for “Don’t Tell and We Don’t Care, it will be our Secret”. The public is happy and we just Carry On. There is another side of the coin. One of our lunch spots displays a very small sign asking us to please conceal it. While not worded properly, we respect the request.
If the jewelry store sign had said “Please Conceal It”. Would this post be here? Wouldn’t change my shopping either way, I don’t buy jewelry at store fronts. We all have, carry and discuss guns where I buy jewelry behind a buzzed in door. My jeweler was robbed 40 years ago...once. I know of another jewelry store with a sign that reads “Remove Hats While In Store”. It is for the cameras and the dog will remind you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Concealed means concealed. However they would not get my business. My wife and my favorite jeweler is retiring and closing his store. If we were shopping and saw that we would keep moving.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
I thought the sign for places that did not allow weapons in their facilty had to post the Federal mandated sign. This sign is a specific size, nomenclature and picture of a handgun with 45 degree bar thru the pistol. I know SC follows the Federal Sign posting.
Yes in FL I believe its the same.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a guy I spoke to yesterday that has a side gig making up cards, going to order a bunch of these to hand out to my customers.. I wish I had one the other day to call the sales manger over to the door and hand him this card or just slide it under the door.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
We have Kays Jewelers in Greenville, SC and I have not seen any signs in their window....yet! There are several Jelery stores in the big Mall here and about half of them are under the same "Umbrella" Company that owns Kay Jewelers. I usualy shot at Reeds Jewelers here as they are not part of a large comglomarate of jelery stores. They are not cheak, but the quality is there!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts