Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to pass up a .44 Special, even if it's a put-together Frankengun. Maybe especially if it's a Frankengun, because that means I can afford it. :D

I picked this up at the Tulsa gun show Saturday. It's obviously built on a 1917 frame because of the butt marking, and the sideplate and Pony are a little overbuffed. But the barrel and cylinder could very well be new old stock. It's all very snug and tight. I don't know enough about grips to tell if these were made by Colt or not but they are in like new condition, heavy brown plastic with a hollow backside and a boss where the screw goes, and Colt medallions. I might try to find a lanyard ring to put on it - they always look naked when it's drilled for one but it's missing.

I don't think I did too bad for $550 (haggled down from $650).

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Hope it's a good shooter. I have seen those barrels for sale. It appears to be a post war replacement barrel. Those stocks have been seen on WW2 rebuilt 1917 revolvers.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Beautiful. I would have jumped on that one too, most especially as it's a 44 special.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
well that is a beauty...i love 44 caliber too....so i know i would have been looking at it too....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts