Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was previously available on a couple of personal websites in a more book-like presentation, but those sights are apparently defunct. I had captured the images. :cool:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Probably the same one, then. Someone sent me the individual page scans and I put them into one PDF file with my publishing software.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Would that we could order items from this catalog at these prices! What year would this have been?

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
I have heard references to the King sights. Charles Askins mentions them in his Unrepentent Sinner autobiogtaphy.
The front pistol sight with the tiny mirror is really unique. Thanks for posting this info. Very Interesting

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Now you've gone & done it, I've gotta wipe all the slobber off my keyboard!!!:D:D:D:D

I remember, as a little boy, a motor officer who would park at the end of our block watching traffic. We youngsters would pester him with questions. He had one of the clam-break holsters pictured 5 pictures down on the left.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane!!!
Frank

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thanks for posting this. If I might hazard an observation, it seemed like 25 years ago collectors would turn up their noses at King modified Colts, wanting unmolested examples instead. Today that does not seem to be the case, and these guns are taking their rightful place as desireable collectables from their era.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Years ago I acquired a 1947 Colt Gov't Model that had been done by KING. This GM had one slick trigger, and had the slide tightened and the barrel bushing expanded. But it also had the adjustable real sight with the stem on it like a S & W. That's my only experience with KING.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
A1A,

Thanks so much for posting the King catalog. It's a real PITA to have to deal with JPEGs for a document that large, and I'm glad you took the time to do so. I have a PDF copy that I have made available to the Colt Forum administrators in the hopes that they could find a way to publish it on the Forum, but so far, there appears to be no progress on the issue. Perhaps, in the future...

Buck

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was the original format of #21 also on a private website. 19 will be around as long as John Stimson maintains his website. Then we will be looking again. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts