Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called Colt today to find out a few dates. We have one King Cobra that the representative told me had a 1993 date. I'm assuming this is a ship date, as King Cobras were not manufactured in 1993?

Cannot seem to find the number in my Blue Book either, as dates are not available for stainless models, or any King Cobra from 1992 onward.

Sound right?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
King Cobra serial numbers bounce all over the place and are hard to . Better off to know which variation of KC you have.

Early model - flat muzzle, python sized cylinder release
E model (Enhanced) - crowned and recessed muzzle, anaconda sized cylinder release.
EDT (last variation, last couple of years of production - Enhanced, Drilled, and Tapped) - Enhanced properties plus top strap is drilled and tapped

Product Pipe
Gun Revolver Trigger

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have two 4" barrel KC's with small release and flat muzzle. Both have 150th grips on them. Was told by Colt that they were approx. 1987 date.

The 6" KC has the larger release and recessed muzzle. Was told this one dated to approx. 1993.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.