Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here, trying to determine a couple things. Rarity and current value of 2.5 inch King Cobra, stainless, almost new in box, shot maybe 20 rounds thru it. Was thinking of selling it, but saw the value of it has skyrocketed, so wonder if keeping it as investment may be better idea. When I bought it, I couldn't afford a Python, but now it seems these are a bit rarer than Pythons? Thinking out loud a bit I guess.

You guys are the Colt experts, and more attuned to how things have been trending. Thoughts........????

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't say King Cobras are rarer than Pythons. Snubby KCs seem to be rather few and far between though. If you really like your gun I would keep it. Or considering it is a snubby, if you still wanted a Python today, I believe it could get you what you desire. Either through selling then buying or trading for a Python. I would opt for the trade option with a reputable forum member on here. Depending on the details of your KC you could probably trade into a Python in almost the same condition.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
A like new in box snubbie King Cobra is a sought after collector piece. I would keep it and watch in go up, up and up in value.

Or you could easily get $2K for it now and buy yourself a nice Python (however a similar condition Python snubbie will cost you close to $3K)

·
Registered
260 Posts
If Colts are not your thing, sell it and get something you want. Life is too short to hold onto something that does not give you joy or pride of ownership for the mere speculation that it may go up in value. That's what the stock market is for.

·
Registered
893 Posts
They are rare. You do not see them often at all. As to value, they seem to have leveled out at $2000-2400 for a stainless. Depending on condition. They seem to have leveled out in value the last year. The Pythons have taken front stage at this time. Even more rare are the blue 2 1/2.

As to keeping it? That is your choice. You can trade/sell it and get a Python or keep a hard to find Colt KC snubbie. Can't lose either way in my opinion. Now if I can just find the blue one.

Here is mine.
Gun Firearm Revolver Starting pistol Airsoft gun

And its cousins.
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
These guns are not rare, but I would consider them moderately scarce. I would also say they are extremely desirable. This would be a nice gun to keep for it will gain value each year going forward. These guns when found new in the box are considered Blue Chip investments without a doubt.

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.