Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and had a question.

I have been shooting some handloads in my King Cobra. The load is a 158gr XTP bullet that was chrono'ed with an average velocity about 5 feet out from the muzzle at 1404ft/s. This load was about a mid level load from the Hodgen book.

The load is acurrate and seems to have good balistic performance. There is not signs of over pressurization on the spent shell or primer.

The problem that I am having is that the shell dont want to eject after firing. If i only load with one or two they will eject. But all 6 will not eject.

Shooting the same loads out of my fathers Ruger Security Six works great. they eject fine and work with no problems.

I have made a few loads that will not eject from the KC but work just fine in the Securoty Six.

All factory loads (which are very weak) work fine.

Any ideas why they stick in the chambers?

Thanks
-Dana

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Just a guess here, but I'm thinking that your holes in the cylinder are a few thousanths of an inch larger on your other guns than your KC. Colt may have had closer tolerances than Ruger for those holes. In other words, the Ruger was a little more sloppy.
I actually had a Ruger that would not eject the cases until the cases were cooled down.
Although that was on a .44

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Take a marking pencil and number your chambers. Then load, fire, and eject one round at a time to find out if you have a sticky chamber somewhere. If you do then a little polishing should put you back in business.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts