Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get a set of Pachmayr "Presentation" grips for my King Cobra but I need to know what frame size the KC has. Can someone help me out? TIA.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,629 Posts
No.

The King Cobra is an "AA" frame.
The Anaconda is an "MM" frame.

However, the Colt Trooper Mark V, King Cobra, and Anaconda all have the same size grip frame and use the same grips.

Almost all grip makers list the King Cobra grips as King Cobra grips,not "AA" frame grips.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I'm a little confused. There's a frame size and a grip frame size, right? I guess I'm more interested in the grip frame size.

So, if I want to get a set of rubber grips to fit my KC grip frame that have roughly the same outside shape as the Python's grips, what Pachmayr grip should I get? Are there other brands that are that shape?

Anyone else ever done this?

·
The Searcher
11,095 Posts
Time out. The point is that the KC, Anaconda, Trooper MkV and Peacekeeper all accept the same grips regardless of different "frame" designations. Anacondas and KCs with factory rubber grips used Pachmayr "gripper" style grips like these shown for sale for the King Cobra and Anaconda by Numrich / E-GunParts.
http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=731850B
They are also often available on EBay. It seems that buyers on EBay, however, often bid more for grips than they can be bought for from other sources. HTH /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I don't recall seeing the Presentation "target" style for those models, now that I think about it, and Pachmayr doesn't seem to list any currently on their website.
Don't know what this is, but it is apparently different from the gripper.
http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=190220

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.