Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have been on the subject of King Cobras, and snubby King Cobras: here is one you are not likely to run across. I post this not to gloat or fish for compliments, but make Jeff (Gunkwazy) go kwazy trying to find one for his collection! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

We all know he is fond of snubbies. We also know he likes the blued King Cobras, in fact I think he has one. And lord knows he has a lock on those Snake Eyes snubbies. But he doesn't have one like this! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So off you go Jeff, on a Scavenger Hunt for the illusive King Cobra CCL. Fear not, as there are probably another 249 out there somewhere! Be sure to Report back when you have completed your quest. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I have seen & had a chance at one before.
Turned the Bastard down cuz I would have had to give up a bunch of Pythons for it. That just won't happen any time soon.
It may seem as though my spending limit may not have a
limit, but when it comes to crazy prices, I aint buyin'.
I am a smart shopper.
I'll find another one. Trust me, I'll find another. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice gun and thanks for sharing.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The King Cobra was offered as a new gun in model year 1988. They offered several barrel lengths in both blued and SS finishes. One option however that was NOT offered was a blued snubby.

In 1989 Colt teamed up with a distributor named Western Hoegee (these folks are basically the west coast version of Lew Horton) to produce the 1st offering of the King Cobra in blue with the snubby 2 1/2" barrel. Think of it as a quasi 1st Edition.

Another feature of this offering is the factory Royal Blue finish, previously only offered only on the Python, Colts most expensive DA revolver. They added a smooth Goncalo Alves gripper style stocks with a special King Cobra medallion.

The CCL roll mark was intended as a dual meaning. Roman Numeral CCL represents 250 the total production run and also 2.50 inches for the barrel length.

Later in 1990, I believe Colt offered a 2 1/2" blued King Cobra as a normal production run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is a King Cobra CCL

I have seen & had a chance at one before.
Turned the Bastard down cuz I would have had to give up a bunch of Pythons for it. That just won't happen any time soon.
It may seem as though my spending limit may not have a
limit, but when it comes to crazy prices, I aint buyin'.
I am a smart shopper.
I'll find another one. Trust me, I'll find another. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice gun and thanks for sharing.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)
http://www.coltforum.com/forums/want-sell/64771-sale-rare-king-cobra-ccl.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.