Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have been on the subject of King Cobras, and snubby King Cobras: here is one you are not likely to run across. I post this not to gloat or fish for compliments, but make Jeff (Gunkwazy) go kwazy trying to find one for his collection! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

We all know he is fond of snubbies. We also know he likes the blued King Cobras, in fact I think he has one. And lord knows he has a lock on those Snake Eyes snubbies. But he doesn't have one like this! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So off you go Jeff, on a Scavenger Hunt for the illusive King Cobra CCL. Fear not, as there are probably another 249 out there somewhere! Be sure to Report back when you have completed your quest. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I have seen & had a chance at one before.
Turned the Bastard down cuz I would have had to give up a bunch of Pythons for it. That just won't happen any time soon.
It may seem as though my spending limit may not have a
limit, but when it comes to crazy prices, I aint buyin'.
I am a smart shopper.
I'll find another one. Trust me, I'll find another. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice gun and thanks for sharing.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,677 Posts
"I'll find another one. Trust me, I'll find another".

(As sweat beads his brow, hair begins to sprout on the palms of his hands, and as he begins to twitch).

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The King Cobra was offered as a new gun in model year 1988. They offered several barrel lengths in both blued and SS finishes. One option however that was NOT offered was a blued snubby.

In 1989 Colt teamed up with a distributor named Western Hoegee (these folks are basically the west coast version of Lew Horton) to produce the 1st offering of the King Cobra in blue with the snubby 2 1/2" barrel. Think of it as a quasi 1st Edition.

Another feature of this offering is the factory Royal Blue finish, previously only offered only on the Python, Colts most expensive DA revolver. They added a smooth Goncalo Alves gripper style stocks with a special King Cobra medallion.

The CCL roll mark was intended as a dual meaning. Roman Numeral CCL represents 250 the total production run and also 2.50 inches for the barrel length.

Later in 1990, I believe Colt offered a 2 1/2" blued King Cobra as a normal production run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is a King Cobra CCL

I have seen & had a chance at one before.
Turned the Bastard down cuz I would have had to give up a bunch of Pythons for it. That just won't happen any time soon.
It may seem as though my spending limit may not have a
limit, but when it comes to crazy prices, I aint buyin'.
I am a smart shopper.
I'll find another one. Trust me, I'll find another. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice gun and thanks for sharing.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)
http://www.coltforum.com/forums/want-sell/64771-sale-rare-king-cobra-ccl.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts