1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did some King Cobras come with a recessed crown and some not? Was it a feature added or taken away during production years? I'm looking for a 4" soon and looking at them on GB I noticed some seem to have them, as in the following auction
COLT KING COBRA : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

and some seem not to have them?

High Polish SS Colt King Cobra .357 Penny Auction : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

would think its a desired feature......
Mine is a KE prefix and has the recessed crown, for whatever that's worth. I wonder if it might be difference in years, or some sort of optional target package sort of thing, maybe?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that at least helps me narrow it down a bit. My best guess is that it was originally a feature, then eliminated later on as a cost saving measure.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The KC with the recessed barrel is called an enhanced model. It also has a larger cylinder release that is used on the Anaconda. Because of the larger release the rampant Colt is also located a little farther back and down on the enhanced. I believe the later model enhanced came with the rubber Colt grips with a banner located towards the bottom of the grip. I had an earlier gun that had the recessed barrel and large release but not the banner on the grips.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that explains that! Thanks a bunch. Looking at the pictures closely I can also see the difference in Cylinder release, and I see a banner on the grips although its not close enough for me to make out anything but Colt on it. Now I now what to look for to help me find one with these features though in case I can't see a pic of the crown, and not waste every sellers time asking for a picture of it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts