Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted a 6" KC in Royal Blue finish.
Now I 'm not sure but isn't the Royal Blue finish the rarer one?

Asking price is 395 Euro. Haven't handled the gun yet and I still favor the Python, but this one just came a long and now I'm beginning to hesitate.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Colt did do the King Cobra in Blue. Not the Royal blue like the Python.
I see a lot less Blued King Cobras than the Stainless versions.
I can't use the word rare, but not as common is probably a better term.
I don't usually see the blued ones bringing more money.
Usually about the same from what I've found.
I do tend to see the Bright Stainless mint in box guns bringing very good money as well as the Blue or Stainless 2.5 inch barreled versions.
I'm not sure what the conversion rate is.
Good luck, Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My maths isn't what it used to be but it's somewhere around $320.(?)

Finish is indeed Blue, I'm going to sleep over it and maybe take the car in the morning to check this KC out.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,696 Posts
The blued KC was unique in one respect: It was the first time in the industry in which a stainless model was introduced FIRST, the blue coming later.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Well I'm not sure about in your country, but it's pretty damn tough to find a nice revolver in the $320 range here, yet alone one that has COLT marked on it.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I came up with a 1986 4" Blue SN# 003X was told later at
one of the gun show's that the blue was only made in 1986.
Don't know if that is true or not?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, Colts haven't gone bananas here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know a shop where they have a very nice 4" DB Blue .38s for around $200 and although I'm not an expert I think it's in mint condition. Beautiful finish, no wear, a turnring which is barely visible, mechanically wise it's 100%, (thanks Dfarriswheel) original stocks. I also can get my hands on a 6" inch Royal Blue Python for around $475, this gun is a shooter, turnring on the cylinder + some small scratches on the frame, but technically once again no issues. (thanks again Dfarriswheel).

Problem with me is that I definetly want a .357 Mag shooter.
But I can only have 1! So I have to choose wisely: Should I get the tank, (KC) or should I go for the Rolls-Royce, (the Python)?

Troubles,troubles,troubles, these dilemmas really make my life difficult! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
Registered
78 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Troubles,troubles,troubles, these dilemmas really make my life difficult!

[/ QUOTE ]

gunsmoke,
I've owned and shot the guns you are considering. I find that I get a much great enjoyment from the Python action than from the other two guns. There is a case to be made for the 38 Special of the Diamondback, however. Chambering aside, I still prefer the Pythons fit and lockwork.
Tom

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Gunsmoke you here?? nice to find you here also as on the forum in Holland.

My opinion is go for the Python. The action of the Python is superior to the King Cobra.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Howdy, Running Moose! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nice to see another Dutchy here!
Took a while for you to show up here, good place to get lots and lots of info on Colts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts