Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Sirs,

I have bought a 6" King Cobra, which unfortunately came with no documentation. I would like to know, how much the point of impact is supposed to move with one adjustment screw click. I've been told that one click should move it 1/2 MOA, but it seems to go more.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It all depends on the distance your shooting, if your shooting at the normal outdoor slow fire handgun target at Camp Perry it's 50 Yds., one click = 1 inch, if shooting at the Rapid Fire handgun target it's 25 Yds., one click = 1/2 inch. This is only for a 6 inch barrel, values would change for a shorter or longer barrel.
IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dfariswheel:
Colt manuals don't list what the adjustment values are.

I "think" they are 1 minute of angle, certainly not 1/2 MOH.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dfariswheel,
No big deal, most real shooters don't ever think about 25 Yds. because it so easy, 50 Yds. is the only important range, it separates the real shooters from the kids, especially in real Target shooting where you can only use one hand.
IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dfariswheel:
BRAIN LOCK!!!!!!!
I forgot about 25 yard shooting.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts