Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the vented barrel rib, is there any difference between the King Cobra and the Trooper MkV? Specifically, will a holster for one fit the other? Thanks.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The KC has a full lug under the barrel and the Trooper Mk. V does not (only an ejector rod shroud) so the Trooper would probably fit loosely in a KC holster and the KC will be a little snug (or won't even fit) a Trooper holster.

HTH

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I forgot about the full lug on the KC.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,805 Posts
The Trooper Mark V IS the King Cobra.

When Colt decided to bring out a lower cost service revolver in stainless steel, they simply designed a lugged and ribbed barrel for the Trooper Mark V and changed the metal to stainless.

Since many holsters are not molded that closely around the barrel, and other than the extra length of the King Cobra under lug there's not that much difference between it and the Trooper Mark V barrel, so they will likely fit the same holster.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
D,
You just caused me to produce a question.
You're more experienced with the Troopers than I am. I need to pick up a few spare parts for my MKV, would you say King Cobra stainless internal parts would interchange?
The hand's a little funky looking on this one & I'll be looking for four or five spares shortly, among other things.
Hammer & triggers interchange?
Denis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts