Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
King Cobra\'s

What is the deal with these guns.It is easier to locate a NIB Diamondback than it is a King Cobra.Are they that few and far between or were they just all fired and not put up for collecting? Also what in your opinion is the quality of this model?Thanks for the info.All appreciated.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Re: King Cobra\'s

The KC is basically a MK 5 in it's most finished form. It has a coil spring, the action doesn't lock up like the earlier Colt revolver models. Because they are not the old school action but rather an improved MK 3 action they have not been as desirable to collectors. I don't have idea how many were made but that they were produced from 1986 to about 1999(Maybe?). In my opinion they are of a highier quality than any of the S&W's etc that are contemporary to it. I have one and have found it to an excellent shooter with a very nice trigger pull for the action. Jerry Kuhnhausen considered it to be the srongest 357 magnum action in a regular production handgun. They have a reputation for being indestructable.

Dave

·
Registered
778 Posts
Re: King Cobra\'s

We recently bought a 4" King Cobra in ultimate stainless virtually unfired off an auction.

Why did we buy it? Well, it was a Snake we did not have, and it is a pretty gun, and it was reasonably priced.

Ones we have seen otherwise at gun shows, or gun shops were semi rough, and seemed to have had the pants fired off them.

They are around, but folks seem to shoot them a good bit, hence the wear they sport.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts