Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
colt folks,i am getting this grizzly ready and want to make sure i have my add correct.are the grips on the grizzly that is pictures here the grips that came with gun from the factory???thanks very much for advice

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
The Kodiak has the correct grips but the Grizzly does not. Both came with the serpentine Colt medallion grips like the Kodiak in the picture is wearing. Correct grips are impossible to find. One of my two Grizzlies had a dinged grip and I tried for several years to find a set. Gun shows, internet, every parts house under the sun, Colt, and even tried to have Pachmeyer make me a set...no luck.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
+1, the Grizzly Grips are cheapy grips.

I have about 7 sets of Kodiak/Grizzly grips but pull up a seat before I tell you the price!

Believe it or not, I've been very lucky as most I found listed for sale on King Cobras or Anacondas and Gunbroker.

2 I acquired when I sold a set Kodiak/Grizzly and the buyer asked me to put aftermarket grips on, I told him I would put the originals in the box and he said he didn't want them. I told him that for resale purposes he had to keep the originals but assured me if I sent them he would throw those ugly things in the garbage!!!!!!

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,880 Posts
The Hogue grips on the Grizzly were used primarily on some Anacondas and the Anaconda Realtree Camouflage model.

Colt designed the grip frames on the Trooper Mark V, King Cobra, and Anaconda to use the same grips so you see the grips switched around on the three models.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
d faris,thanks a bunch for advice sir,i sure appreciate it.and also,thanks marc at keystone.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The Hogue grips on the Grizzly were used primarily on some Anacondas and the Anaconda Realtree Camouflage model.

Colt designed the grip frames on the Trooper Mark V, King Cobra, and Anaconda to use the same grips so you see the grips switched around on the three models.
I believe the ones that were made by Hogue for Colt had that Colt logo molded into the right side and no firearms left the factory with the Hogue logo.

I have sold the version with the Colt logo for $75 and I often see the ones with the Hogue logo sell for $5-$10

The Python Elite also was fitted with a Factory Hogue grip but again It carried the Colt logo.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,880 Posts
I believe the ones that were made by Hogue for Colt had that Colt logo molded into the right side and no firearms left the factory with the Hogue logo.

I have sold the version with the Colt logo for $75 and I often see the ones with the Hogue logo sell for $5-$10

The Python Elite also was fitted with a Factory Hogue grip but again It carried the Colt logo.
Whoops, I looked too fast and missed that the logo was Hogue's not the Colt logo.
So, it looks like the grips are totally wrong.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks again everyone,dfaris,i have always respected your opinion on the colt forum,and the sw forum.
but round one goes to marc at keystone.lol
have a great and safe day dfaris.see ya down the road

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
thanks again everyone,dfaris,i have always respected your opinion on the colt forum,and the sw forum.
but round one goes to marc at keystone.lol
have a great and safe day dfaris.see ya down the road
Paaaleeeasssee, dfariswheel has forgotten more than I will ever learn about Colts. His history is Rich and Deep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts