Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
folks,
i have an old friend who wants me to sell a special gun for her.a colt kodiak,6 inch ported, etc..the gun has been test fired,one owner. the gun was bought for a alaska hunting trip her husband never went on.so the only shooting done was under a box of shells shooting light target loads.
The gun looks great ,mechanicaly as new,cosmetic is mint.
the gun has no outer sleeve,.
the gun has the blue box and paperwork.
can i ask what is a good value to put on gun,and how much of a deduction is there for no outer sleeve.
the gun is definately a mint condition gun.so besides not haveing a outer sleeve what is a good asking price.thanks for advice colt pros.the gun is a 6 inch magnaported unfluted gun,no flame cutting or any cosmetic issues.thanks for any and all advice before i list this gun for sale.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I'm anxious to see if the 1 on GB actually sold. A NR guy ran my bid up. Not really a piece I would think most newbies would start with at that money. I'd say without the sleeve if the gun is stunning as described 4k to 4500 for the 6"

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for advice guys.the gun has all the factory items except outer sleeve,and hang tag which i know deter from new in box value.i think 43 to 45 is a fair price.thanks again for advice and help with value

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
colt folks,i know the original colt outer sleeve for this gun cant be duplicated.is it worth any more value to gun to buy a generic outer sleeve??

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
colt folks,i know the original colt outer sleeve for this gun cant ge duplicated.is it worth any more value to gun to buy a generic outer sleeve??
NO NO NO! Dont do it,let the next owner try to fool the rest of the world if he wants,sell it as is,sounds like a nice piece so you shouldnt have any problems

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
prostrok,
thanks,i agree 100%.the gun has all the paperwork,except the hang tag.i think it does anyway.i posted a pictures of what is with gun.the warranty card has not been filled out.i know the hang tag is not in the paperwork.not being a colt expert,i dont know what items are missing.anyway,i can send more pictures of any area of gun for anyone interested.i guess i can post it for sale here ,if anyone is interested.i sure appreciate any and all advice.
i tried to take some good pictures,but the camera flash and glare is hard to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts