Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these brutes? Are they the same as the Anaconda only w/out a fluted cylinder?

Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The Kodiak is based on the MM frame. It was produced in 44 Mag. Or simply put, a fancy Anaconda with an unfluted cylinder. The Kodiak, which is unlisted in most documentation had a production run of 2000 starting with serial number CKA001. Despite not being in the ’94 catalog they did indeed produce the full run.

Special touches are ported barrels. They also have a distinctive Colt Medallion from the custom shop that I have only seen on the Kodiak and Grizzly. They sport the rubber combat style (with finger grooves) grips. And they did come from the custom shop.

The Kodiak (and the Grizzly) were exclusive to Western Hogee (a big distributor like Lew Horton, but not nearly as well known) of southern California and had an initial suggested retail price of about $650.

I speak to the Kodiak and Grizzly in this old thread. The photo's I posted have long since expired. http://www.unitedforums.com/forums/gunforums/cf/Forum7/HTML/001014.html

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have one of each, the Kodiak, and the Grizzly, and WS23 has described the Kodiak well. I have never seen either at a gun show, but about once or twice a year, one will pop up on one of the internet sites. I haven't tracked prices, but would guess a NIB would bounce around the 1200-1500 arena if you try to buy through one of the internet auctions.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How 'bout some pics??

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I'm just beginning to master(hahaha)the world of digital photograhy, and hope to build a photographic record of my entire collection, but that will have to wait until my workshop/reloading area is unboxed, and reassembled, after a major basement overhaul is completed...aka winter project.
A well used 90%(sellers rating-not mine) Kodiak popped up on Gunsamerica, this morning, priced at $895.00. It appears to be intact, all original, but no box papers etc. This will, at least, provide you a picture. GA itm number is 976621278

·
Registered
764 Posts
I understand the pain of the photographing my collection, takes forever. I started just shooting basic pics, but now it has evolved into the addition of some glamour shots. I did it all into a microsoft powerpoint presentation. It looks pretty nice, I have a the title, pic S/N, purchase date and price along with a note regarding its current condition and price. I could give u some pointers if you need.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Before our basement overhaul project eliminated my work area, I was experimenting with all sorts of artificial light sources, direct, indirect, flash, no flash, backdrops, etc. and nearly pulled my hair out trying to get clear pics without all the reflections. I turn green when I see the quality of some of the photographs posted on the forums. A shutterbug I ain't.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I understand completely. I'v been there. Kind of hard keepin a nib diamondback from sparkling. lol.

Im about to experiment with some outside pics as I finish this post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts