Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Now that is truly a feel good story. The perp is lucky Mr. Ricciutis' eyes weren't ten years younger.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Perhaps an M1 Garand, like Clint Eastwood? :D

I had the pleasure of sitting next to a Korean War veteran a couple years ago on a flight. Found out he was in charge of a 60mm mortar crew during that unpleasantness. So I had to ask him whether that scene in "Saving Private Ryan" was possible--the one where they pull the pins off 60mm mortar shells, bang the base to arm it, and then throw then like grenades. He said it was possible, but that the shells would have to land on, or strike, the nose of the shell to detonate. I thought that was pretty cool.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perhaps an M1 Garand, like Clint Eastwood? :D

I had the pleasure of sitting next to a Korean War veteran a couple years ago on a flight. Found out he was in charge of a 60mm mortar crew during that unpleasantness. So I had to ask him whether that scene in "Saving Private Ryan" was possible--the one where they pull the pins off 60mm mortar shells, bang the base to arm it, and then throw then like grenades. He said it was possible, but that the shells would have to land on, or strike, the nose of the shell to detonate. I thought that was pretty cool.
I thought of Grand Torino and Eastwood, too :)
I guess I decided a handgun would be more probable if he claims to have used it in Korea. It would have been harder to take your M-1 with you when leaving the service than a 1911A1 ;) Whatever he used, God Bless 'im!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
What a nice feel good story.Too bad his point of aim wasn't a smidge higher this way the perp would be stopped for eternity.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a nice feel good story.Too bad his point of aim wasn't a smidge higher this way the perp would be stopped for eternity.
I think that would have been preferable to footing the cost of the trial and housing and feeding the schmendrake in the can for 5 years.
And there's always the chance he could beat the charges and sue the Vet for bodily damages.
What a society!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in the area and it must have been his luger. The news segment showed a spent casing on the ground and it was a 30 luger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts