Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the stocks are factory except for the one stag set on the Detective special. Are there anymore late model D frame factory stocks? If so please post pics . Thanks Acre5

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,895 Posts
There's the "Service type" grips on the Diamondback 2 1/2":

The Standard "D" frame combat grips used from 1972 up through the mid-1990's:

And one I don't have a picture of was the black rubber grips used for a limited time, that first appeared on the short-lived dull-finished Commando and Cobra of the mid-80s'.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The Detective Special also was fitted with smooth walnut (no checkering at all) stocks for a short time around 1994. If I get time I'll post a pic.

·
Registered
909 Posts

Bought this new in 1992; it has gold 150 year medallions and no checkering. From the "last ditch" era.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
I'm back. DS-IIs had Compaq style (although not labelled) with the Colt banner but no medallions. The smooth walnut initially were used on agents, I believe. These have regular medallions. Then there were the smooth rubber "combat" style used on Commando Specials, I believe. These have silver 150 medallions. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone , I was going to try to collect all styles . Looks like it won't be as easy as I thought.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My Commando Special came with smooth rubber grips with regular Colt silver medallions. Yet another variation. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
I believe you showed your 4th issue HC bobbed DS with the compaq style with silver medallions and no banner which are correct. I showed a DS-II with the Compaq style with the banner and no medallions which is correct. Then there are the SF-VI compaq style with both medallions and banner shown here temporarily on a DS-II. Next? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Oh, the "4th issue" compaqs came with both silver and gold.
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts