Colt Forum banner

Latest Acquisition - Colt Government Model with ? Stocks

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  jcs 
#1 ·
I picked up this NIB Colt Government Model .45 ACP yesterday, Matching box, 3 mags, two sets of stocks and all paperwork. At first I thought the stocks were Sambar stag, but after looking more closely I'm not sure. Could they be Giraffe bone? I'd appreciate your expert opinions.

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Congrats on beautiful gun. There are so many nice 1911s I don't often give one a 'like' as I did in this case. I join the others and vote Stag on the grips. Not being really a 1911 person, I only have one, but with stags. Family gun, sort of, belonged to my cousin 12 years older than me & I bought it from his estate. As a kid in the 1930s it was a wore-out $5 gun that we shot up a storm with, one of his ranch hands brought back a nail keg of loose .45 ACP from National Guard Camp, plus a package of US Army internal overhaul parts. Few years ago I paid his estate $140 for it in its beater condition and put in the DIY effort it has today. Just couldn't resist this 'show & tell' opportunity.

http://s133.photobucket.com/user/rh... Restorations/Colt45ACP1918Engrnono.jpg.html]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.