Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, I want to thank all of you who have posted on the forum or written me personally. Several of you asked to be kept up on how things are proceeding. My criminal complaint against Fugate Firearms was accepted by the USPS Criminal Investigations Service Center, and I've been informed that an investigation has been initiated. In the meantime, I offered Fugate what I considered an equitable way to resolve our dispute and close the criminal action: I would correct the defect and post the piece on Gunbroker, GunsInternational, and GunsAmerica with no mention of Fugate and at a price appropriate to its condition (per Dennis Russell’s price guide for second-generation Colt percussion revolvers). In return, Fugate would reimburse me for the difference between the price I get and what I paid them for a piece improperly represented as New In Box. My certified letter was received by Matt Fugate on April 23. I have received no response as of this date.

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
I too do not have any dogs in this fight but maybe will help any future problems throught out this forum.

Reactions: Joel6180

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
MtnSpur
But, this is the problem as you say," It airs out a problem but I'm not privy to details."
We don't know the details and unless both parties involved are willing to post them, it will become a one side complaint, which isn't fair and I don't hink the forum was intended to be a "court".

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I've been interested in this because I'm new to shooting and collecting and I have plans to buy a few guns or maybe more. I've read all the previous threads and posts on this and I understand the no fire, no disassembly warranty. It seems to me that when a gun is stated to be 100% new in box that statement is in itself at the very least an implied warranty totally separate from the no fire, no disassembly warranty.

·
Registered
495 Posts
MtnSpur
But, this is the problem as you say," It airs out a problem but I'm not privy to details."
We don't know the details and unless both parties involved are willing to post them, it will become a one side complaint, which isn't fair and I don't hink the forum was intended to be a "court".
As I recall, the details of this dispute were posted and discussed in excruciating detail. I'd guess most members have made up their mind about it, one way or the other, and are interested in learning of its resolution.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I am shocked by what I'm reading . The title of thread was misleading to me - I previously read condition definition from a Fugate with a great reputation . I think the word I want to use is " adamant " in his description of NIB.
I see his guns representing genuine , and his knowledge and words as top notch .
He did personally help me with advice , which I appreciated .

A couple / few posts stated this thread was not good .
SPUR , whom I think is highly respected thought it was an OK subject , as did at least one other poster....... ALL FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE FORUM .

It was also stated " one sided " . FORTUNATELY , the other side CAN comment .
If someone has their name in a printed newspaper for something negative- THAT'S IT , Period .
tomorrow , or next weeks issue doesn't print front page news saying " Misunderstanding , or innocent "
The damage was done. So, like I said - at least the other side CAN speak (type ) their words.

i read this post because it was up top on my search today ..... As I do every day (morning too ) .
I think John brings help and knowledge to this Forum . I realize his name is not used , but I don't know how many relatives are in the gun business . I have never heard this fellows name before .

i hope the purchaser gets his satisfaction , and I too hope that whatever Fugate(s) involved , tell their side and set the story straight. I'm not going to search out the events , but I will read if it presents itself .
Bottom line - this forum is to help , educate and share in the love of Colts Firearms

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Okay on an open forum or not, I sure do not have to read the posts if I don't want to. The A#1 focus of the forum is, and should be THE GUNS, but the procedures we use to get, or get rid of, a firearm plays a key part.

As posted above, I have no dog in this dust-up, nor do I know either of the parties involved. I hope for an amiable settlement betwixt them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I were watching this thread instead of being a participant, I think I'd probably agree with you. The whole thing has made me very uncomfortable. But, I must respectfully take exception to the specific objections you have raised. First, Fugate Firearms is not an individual. It is a commercial enterprise. Second, it became a public matter, not a private matter, when the piece was advertised on their company website. Third, a forum is indeed and by definition a public tribunal. More importantly, a forum is--again, by definition--a medium where grievances can freely be aired and a space for the exchange of information by which participants can make informed decisions. I've found the Colt Forum very helpful in this regard, whether in matters of choosing products or dealers.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
If I were watching this thread instead of being a participant, I think I'd probably agree with you. The whole thing has made me very uncomfortable. But, I must respectfully take exception to the specific objections you have raised. First, Fugate Firearms is not an individual. It is a commercial enterprise. Second, it became a public matter, not a private matter, when the piece was advertised on their company website. Third, a forum is indeed and by definition a public tribunal. More importantly, a forum is--again, by definition--a medium where grievances can freely be aired and a space for the exchange of information by which participants can make informed decisions. I've found the Colt Forum very helpful in this regard, whether in matters of choosing products or dealers.
This is probably as well stated as can be without prejudice. One reason I agreed with the posting. If a problem exists, albeit private in nature by definition, to sweep it under the rug isn't helping a forum member, on either side. They'll hammer it out, no doubt, but this forum isn't about sniping nor grudges, it's about learning. If an issue is ignored it'll be repeated. Mitch could have closed at the onset. So, an issue exists, it'll be resolved, but it's, inherently, information (good/bad) and should simply be treated as such.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.