Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest New Service; a \"mixed breed\".

Friend of a friend knew an older gent(like me!) who wanted to sell,"A Colt .44".Upon calling him yesterday,I found out it was a N.S. So went to his home and bought it. Now,here is what I got; frame is a 1915,ex-British Service,one of the 50,000+ made in W.W. One. This one was converted in the 1950's with a late model 5 1/2" .44 Special bbl.(It has no patent dates,just COLT'S PT FA MFG.CO HARTFORD,CT.USA) with the "New Service Russian and S&W Special 44".New cylinder,a wider front sight installed,and the gun nicely reblued,leaving the British marks on the frame.

The butt was rounded,and the lanyard ring hole,"plugged" with a part "made to do this".The stocks are factory wood for the Shooting Master,and "rounded butt" .38/.357 N.Service Models. Gunsmith did a very "professional job",40-50 years ago,and it is a nice "shooter",in this rather rare caliber for a N.S.

I am going to put the stocks that came with it, up for sale on the Classifieds here tonight,as these are very rare,and belong on "an original gun"(I have several pair of "brown plastic,with silver painted medallion, that Colt supplied for New Services after World War Two,)and these will be more "correct" for the "rebuild time frame" for this "shooter"(no problem,or harm,slightly reshaping these "plastic stocks". Bud

·
Registered
937 Posts
Re: Latest New Service; a \"mixed breed\".

lonewolf,

If you ever get tired of your "parts gun", please drop me a line.

Thanks,

Muley Gil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts