Colt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
There are some parallels between the former owner of now defunct USFA....and Tony Galazan...owner of Standard....they do/did what the hell they want to...difference is that Tony has staying power financially....hopefully Standard will offer more choices of the SAA down the road....could get interesting....maybe we will have access to a Custom Shop again ........

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Doesn’t the trigger look like it’s way too far forward? Hopefully the photo was taken with the hammer in the safety notch.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Standard is a subsidiary of Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Corp in New Britain CT. They are in the same building. Former Colt and USFA all-stars got their SAA project up and running. Some are still involved. May see a Woodsman model or two coming soon. CSMC shotguns are fantastic, as good as anyone ever made them. The Fox line, the Winchester M21, the Fox/RBL sold now by Savage, the RBL line, Inverness, A10s, etc. Tony Galazan has assembled an impressive and talented team and they make great guns. I’m an enthusiastic client and supporter.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
A new Woodsman will be a great thing. It probably won't be inexpensive as most mainstream .22 pistols are today but if the traditional quality is there it will be worthwhile.

Reactions: skwcoltguy

·
Registered
589 Posts
That Standard has some talented gun makers, and many of their products are excellent is good news. Unfortunately those Connecticut folks (New Englanders?) have a twisted view of the SA market and Southwestern culture. My wife is half Mexican and was annoyed by their YouTube video when I showed it to her. And, she thinks the name is stupid. Smart girl!

Dave

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't have the money for a USFA but if I did I'd pass on the stupidly named SAA and wait for the possible Woodsman.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the target price for the Woodsman. As far as the naming etc on that .38 I will ask where that came from. Seems odd, and pretty far afield from their usual style. And this is one New England guy who will be moving to the Southwest very soon......and don’t worry, I’m as conservative as they come.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Having seen some of their guns I can imagine how nicely built their woodsman will be, if the price point is south of a grand I am sure it will be a steal.

"this is one New England guy who will be moving to the Southwest very soon......and don’t worry, I’m as conservative as they come."

Is that why you are moving away from Conn.?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I like seeing Standard branching out into a new caliber but I don't like the name "El Chingon". I would hope they could make you a .38 Special without the etched panel if you ordered one.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts