Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the notice to send the Lawman to Cylinder and Slide, so off it went today. I'll let you guys know how they did.
It is very slightly out of time and I wanted this fixed, and the trigger radiused.
Ah well, at least I have another Lawman to keep me company. And this one has good timing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Please give us a complet report on your experience with them.
C&S is top-of-the-line in quality work.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I understand, but on the S&W forum, there is a thread on C&S by a guy who is somewhat less than satisfied. He feels that the work is taking too long and they keep having problems. Or something along those lines.

I don't think I need to worry, though. Timing on a MkIII should not be all that hard to fix, should it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Please give us a complet report on your experience with them.
C&S is top-of-the-line in quality work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the Lawman back today and the results are mixed. The timing is now perfect, and I do mean perfect.

The one fly in the ointment is the trigger. I had them to radius the sharp edges off the trigger which they did--at the bottom. The problem is that they left the sharp edge on the trigger near the frame where it will really abrade my finger and cause blisters if I shoot it extensively. I will take it to a local gunsmith and show him what I want done. He should be able to fix it fairly cheaply.

All in all, I am not unhappy with their work and I would have to give them a B+. I would have given them an A if the trigger had been done the way I expected it. I would use C&S again for sure in spite of this. It was probably a communications glitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts