Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud new owner of a Lawman with a 2.25 inch barrel and a rounded butt. It is in nice shape (but with lots of end-shake, dang it!) and I am eager to shoot it. So, all you experts, is this a rather rare wheel-gun?

Bart Noir

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well Bart, I don't know if there are any "experts" around here. Certainly haven't seen anyone admit to it!

So if I might answer as an average Joe, I'd have to say you have one super rare gun there. Because I never knew they came in 2.25" barrel length!

Ok to be serious now, you have a 2" (not 2.25") Lawman MKIII or Lawman MKV. The MKIII's are seen more often than the MKV's since they had a much longer production run. The MKIII's in 2" came with either a shrouded or unshrouded barrel. The 2" versions of the Lawman did have a different shape gripframe than their larger 4" counterparts.

The stocks to the 2" Lawman's are unique to that gun in that size barrel.The stocks on the 2" Lawman MKV I believe only came on that particular gun and the same with the Lawman MKIII. The stocks are not interchangeable between the 2" Lawman MKIII and Lawman MKV.

So which Lawman do you have?

[This message has been edited by WS23 (edited 03-30-2005).]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. I have the Mk III and find the grips just right. I'm sure it will be nicely controllable with them. And about that quarter inch, I guess I added the forcing cone length
That, and using a carpenter's retractable ruler to measure.

Bart Noir

1 - 3 of 3 Posts