Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a carbine in April, 2012, before CT. Not going to shoot it, it's NIB. Wanted to trade it, but can't find a reasonable offer. Paid $1299, Cabelas won't give me $900 on a trade. Thinking about giving to WVSP, my home state police. If I'm going to take that bad of a beating, I'd rather give it away. Ain't no joke!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Worked and saved to buy it, wanted a top quality arm, seems nobody wants it, and I'm a little peeved. So, WVSP may get it. Don't know much about these rifles, bet they will!! It's 2012 configuration, carry handle, 2 mags, sling, chamber brush, not the 2013 cheapo version. Cheesch

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't want it back under those circumstances, as you said, but these Navy Yard shootings are looking bad. More gun control advocacy is imminent. When will they realize that you can't legislate sanity? It is what it is in the US, all about me and how I've been wronged, and the damn government feeds it. 47% of citizens pay NO tax, that means we pay the full boat for our military, welfare, government programs, education, food stamps, et al. Yet they complain about drug testing welfare recipients. A free ride, what's wrong here? I'm started, don't make it worse!

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,885 Posts
I'd be leery of giving it to a big department, there's too much of a chance it would get scrapped or somehow it would wind up being sold and some official pocketing the money.
If you're set on giving it away, I'd look at giving it to a deserving local cop who'd be thrilled to have a top quality carbine.

On the other hand, since it isn't eating anything, I'd just sit on it and you can probably sell or trade it in a year when the prices inevitably go up.

Of course, as above, another gun control push in your state or federally could cause the price to suddenly skyrocket and you'd have buyers and traders knocking on your door.

I don't LOOK for any new gun control push Federally or in most states. The Lefties have been burned by the failure of their "sure thing" control push earlier this year and they just saw two favorites now out looking for jobs in Colorado.
But, who knows????
Give it away now and I'll bet that you really regret it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.