Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a LE 6920 and want to replace the handguards with a 2 piece quad rail. I know Yankee Hill Machine makes the 6970-C, but I'm having problems finding other manufacturers who make a similar quality quad rail for less than the $130 Brownell's wants for the YHM. Suggestions?

·
Registered
288 Posts
LaRue Tactical maybe?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Will, but LaRue has some pricey stuff and none of their handguards are designed to fit the Colt carbine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Fbaum, I'm new to the site and am in the same predicament. Have you had any luck with finding a handguard? Also, do you plan on keeping your front iron sight post OR are you planning on installing a low profile gas block and getting a longer hanguard/rail?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm using a Knight's Armament Co. model M4 RAS carbine rails, average retail price of them are over $300 but they could be found like blem from the KAC online store which the finish are not noticeable for $150 and on classifieds new or like new take offs somewhere between $100 to $150.

I also have a Daniel Defense EZ CAR 7.0 carbine rail got it several years ago when they're only $150, they're slightly higher price now, but if you look around someone would be selling them close or at your price range.

The important feature to look for with a rail system brand is that it locks to the barrel nut, both mine locks to the nut, the KAC have an internal bracket that pushes down against the barrel nut, my Daniel Defense have four set screws (with blue Loctite) that push towards the rear so it doesn't depend on the delta ring's uneven and inconsistent pressure, it is always very tight and don't move at all very solid.

Those rails I mentioned are on my 6920 carbines but I'm also looking for another for my LMT Defender M4 style carbine (they are exactly like the 6920), I don't have experience with it but it seems like a good quality, it's the Damage Industries (damageusa.com) AR15/ M16/ M4 Carbine Drop-In Rigid rail model priced at $99, made here in the USA.

Damage Industries supplies the push button quick disconnect sling swivels for the factory Colt-Rogers SuperStoc and also they supply the M4 type with QD sling swivel mount for the new Colt LE6900 Light Carbine model.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also use the Knight Armament on my Colt L.E.6920.
M4 RAS w/11 rib Panel,
Part# 98064.
I paid $125.00, new in the box, at a Denver Gun Show, tax included.
The Vendor sells all kinda mag, rails etc..
I don't remember the name. Thy are at all the Denver shows.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I know this post is getting cobwebs but it might interest someone in the future. I was surprised at the prices a lot of you guys paid to upgrade your handguards. I found the perfect quadrail for my LE6920 at "Cheaper Than Dirt" for $65 + S/H. It is very well made and easy to install. The part no. is ARR-238. They even show an installation video which is a little anal but it does show you what the handguard looks like.

Just saying.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same consideration for my new 6920 - to replace the stock hand guard or not. If so then with what? Fbaum what did you decide to do?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, Dave58, It's up to you now. I offered a quality drop-in quadrail from Cheaper Than Dirt that leaves you monies for other accessories. If you don't like it then return it. They have a great customer service. If you like wasting money on "name brands" then go for it. I prefer to shop for price and quality.

Reactions: Dave58

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didn't realize until now that I had wasted my money. Had I only known...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any monies that are kept away from 'Cheaper-Than-Dirt' is a good investment.
During the ammo & Mag shortage, while the Senate was voting on an AWB, again... CTD was 'gouging' its customers for $90. per mag as the 'legitimate' companies kept their prices reasonable.

Almost ALL of the gun Forums (including LEO only) will not even speak of CTD. In more than 45 years of buying gun parts, I have never seen such a blatant display of Greed, as I did with CTD and the last Mag shortage. Never deal with a dishonorable company... it only hurts the honest companies.

CTD turned on us gunowners almost as badly as 'Dick's Sporting Goods' did. Many of us remember.

·
Registered
145 Posts
CTD was 'gouging' its customers for $90. per mag as the 'legitimate' companies kept their prices reasonable.
So what's your point? I'm new to this game but not stupid enough to not compare prices between vendors and shop around. I don't care what CTD charged for their mags or anything else for that matter. I shop for price without sacrificing quality.

I am a recreational shooter (100yds or less). I just bought a Mueller Quick Shot Red Dot for $95 that I would put up against any Eotech or Aimpoint at 3x the price. I just bought 1000rds of PMC X-TAC FMJ 5.56 for $553. Other places are still selling theirs for $900+/1000. At the same time those "price gougers" are selling my 45 ACP for half of what others are selling it for. Does that mean I should avoid buying anything from them by your standards?

The quadrail I bought is high quality and half the price of what others spoke about. It is a drop-in rail for people like me that don't want to have to cut off the Delta ring or remove the front iron sight.

I shop for price without sacrificing quality.
I should add that I also shop for simplicity along with price and quality. I don't know what CTD did to you but they give people like me a choice and I like them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So what's your point? I'm new to this game but not stupid enough to not compare prices between vendors and shop around. I don't care what CTD charged for their mags or anything else for that matter. I shop for price without sacrificing quality.....I am a recreational shooter (100yds or less)
I realize how difficult it must seem for a recreational shooter to get a delta ring off. The point is, if companies like CTD and Dick's french kiss the gov't gun grabbers behinds every time they ruffle their feathers, it won't be long before you're no longer a recreational shooter. If you can't get your mind around that, it's a pity. You're free to buy bottom-feeder Chinese knock-off product any where you wish, but to come here and make blanket statements like you did, implying that everyone that isn't following your model is wasting our money... well, that's just asinine, and frankly, immature.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, Mr. Monroe, you could at least thank me for upping your post count by three. As I have said numerous times in various posts I am new to guns and it is a learning process. I know very well how to shoot. I am just totally unaware of the innards of my firearms so I'm hesitant to dive in the deep end right now. My comments weren't directed at you or any of the more skilled members of this forum. My suggestions to someone new here is based on my own experience. That would be to start small ($$) and see what you like. What I have bought starting out has suited me well for being a "recreational shooter." If I were to give it all up tomorrow I won't be out a lot of money. I think it is quite prudent on my part to research what I want and read any reviews on it before buying something. Right now I am quite content to buy what I need. Maybe, when I reach your skill level, I'll start buying what I want.

I am a recreational shooter (100yds or less). I just bought a Mueller Quick Shot Red Dot for $95 that I would put up against any Eotech or Aimpoint at 3x the price.
If you were offended by that statement too bad. You should learn how to comprehend what someone writes. The statement says that for my needs the Red Dot I bought suits my purpose and I'm not out a lot of money. It has all of the functions of more expensive scopes and is a good start up scope for someone like me. My comments offer people a choice at the other end of the spectrum based on what I've bought not on my limited knowledge. If I had really intended on offending the members here I would've said "You're all just plain stupid for spending too much money."

I guess that time will tell which of us is really the immature person.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you like wasting money on "name brands" then go for it.
If I had really intended on offending the members here I would've said "You're all just plain stupid for spending too much money."
There's not a whole lot of difference in the perceived intent of these two statements. Also, you asked what defender's point was, so I tried my best to lay it out for you. Sorry if you were offended, and I can appreciate your enthusiasm as a relatively new shooter. I'm done now. If you need to have the last word, it's all yours.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts