Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 6920 has a bit of a problem with the trigger reset. Seems to be a heavy reset and sometimes not resetting at all. If I manually push the trigger forward it then resets. Maybe a burr on a part . Not sure, but I have a gunsmith friend who can probably polish the trigger group while lightening up the trigger pull also, but wondering if anyone else has seen this on a new 6920 and what was done to correct it.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,891 Posts
I'd suspect some debris from the factory is in the trigger group.

My first move would be to remove the unit and clean it off. While it's out inspect for any burrs or damage.
Grease the contact surfaces of the hammer and trigger sear area, and the "hook" of the disconnecter and the disconnect area on the hammer.

If that doesn't correct it, I personally would either contact Colt to have them pay for return shipping to the factory for warranty correction, OR I'd replace the entire unit with a nicer trigger like the double stage Rock River Arms unit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd suspect some debris from the factory is in the trigger group.My first move would be to remove the unit and clean it off. While it's out inspect for any burrs or damage.Grease the contact surfaces of the hammer and trigger sear area, and the "hook" of the disconnecter and the disconnect area on the hammer.
Yep, hoping it's just debris. Worked fine for the first 30-40 rounds. We'll see. Thanks, for the quick response, dfariswheel!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not uncommon to find a blown primer rattling around in there, especially if your using uncrimped commercial ammo.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked out the trigger group and greased the contacts. Did a controlled cock, hold trigger, reset trigger about 50 x without any problems. Thanks, guys! I feel much better!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Put a Geissele SSA trigger in it, you won't believe the difference it makes.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I concur with butt' and dfaris; for what you'll pay your 'smith to fool with it, you can have a replacement. Worse, my personal experience with modded factory triggers has been less than stellar, and once the surface hardening is polished thru', it won't hold up.
I'll put in a pitch for the SSA as well. There are only two things wrong with this trigger:
-it is expensive
-it will positively ruin you for anything else, and you'll find them multiplying in your safe
But they are stone reliable and have a great reputation for staying that way. Further, the two stage break lends itself to controlled squeeze-offs or a hasty pull thru' when 'lead in the air' is the deal. But there's enough resistance that you won't have an ND when your pulse is up and you're scared enough of something to feel the need to point a gun at it.
Moon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts