Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who works for one of the bigger distributors. I called him today and asked if they had a price and a delivery schedule for the LE901. Ths price they will get for the gun from dealers is just below $1900. That's the 308 configuration. They just got word today that there is no way to tell when they will get their first gun.

They expect sales to be brisk at first but to drop off rapidly after the devoted fans get theirs. They also do not believe that the design has as yet been finalized. They think that Colt is still playing with what the final gun will be like.

As I look at the video's that Colt has put out some things seems odd. The original 223 conversions seemed to have an insert to fill up the 308 magazine well to convert it from 308 to 223. More recent announcement from Colt don't mention this anymore. Think that that "adaptor" has disappeared? Also Colt is now saying that the 308 will use any Colt 223 uppers. They are not saying, for instance, that a Bushmaster upper will work. Think that that could be true?

My sense is that it will be a long time before we see the 901.

·
Registered
131 Posts
as long as they get it right I can wait. I believe the last thing they want is 1000 rifles going back for warranty work.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks for the update klw, I'm planning on purchasing a 901 when/if they every become available. :confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Distributors are notoriously wrong, covering their own inability to get weapons as quickly as some others.
I have a fairly reliable source that say they should start distribution in June. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
9,519 Posts
I suspect the picture is bogus. Since when has Colt EVER wrapped a gun box in paper? I agree with the comment that it looks like reems of paper with Colt labels stuck on them. There was another comment that the picture is old.

At the 2012 SHOT Show, Brent told me that they were still refining the design to "get it right." In Colt language, that could mean years more. (Remember the Double Action Agent was announced years ago, and we have yet to see one.)

Maybe someday.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
A lot of money (for me) but a very fair price IMO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is a good chunk of change, but if you compare it to the other 7.62 offerings (LMT 2400.00+, SCAR 2700.00+) it gets a little more reasonable.
The Sig 716 is slightly lower, but I think the Colt will be more accurate.

I sold a used SCAR 17s to pay for it and I have 700 and change in my pocket. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is a good chunk of change, but if you compare it to the other 7.62 offerings (LMT 2400.00+, SCAR 2700.00+) it gets a little more reasonable.
The Sig 716 is slightly lower, but I think the Colt will be more accurate.

I sold a used SCAR 17s to pay for it and I have 700 and change in my pocket. :)
Bushmaster has a couple 308 that are considerably less expensive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldn't buy a bushmaster or let my quality firearms share safe space with one. Bushmaster doesn't doesn't provide specs data on the materials and components they build with. The model I think your speaking of doesn't have a monolithic rail or other features that justify the cost of the Colt, not to mention the build quality IMO.

Sure you can get one cheaper, but do you really want to? I've also seen the BM's in the armorers room @ Blackwater and in the classes with numerous broken bolts/ firing pin and significant cat failures. I've had a Rockriver too, and was completely unimpressed with accuracy and the two stage trigger that turned to 1 stage after 1k rounds.

I run an LMT, and sold my SCAR's because it is a tank in comparison and is second to none in accuracy and build quality for the price. The Colt (M4/6940/6920) are just near as good and slightly less expensive than my MRP. If the LE 901 doesn't work out for me, I'll be getting a LMT .308 also.

But I would not skimp on build quality and reliability for a few and extra 500-700 bucks esp with all the additional features you get with the LE901. But that is just me.

Looks like the TE ones are in the hand of folks.
Colt took my PO for the SP901!!! - Page 11 - M4Carbine.net Forums

·
Registered
288 Posts
Any update on your new SP901 Pazzo?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts