Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what bullet weight in cast lead semi wad cutter do you guys like for your Colt Gold Cup's ?
Also what is your favorite load with this bullet in your Gold Cup ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
H&G 68 200 grain LSWC or a 185 grain LSWC, both with 3.8 grains of Bullseye. I'm sure others will chime in with other powders, but Bullseye is what I use for light target loads.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I am currently experiencing great success with the LEE tumble lube 200 grain SWC cast lead bullet. And I don't have to freakin size them. With 3.8 or 4.0 grains of PROMO [RedDot], this load is a tack driver at the 25 yard line.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
+1 on the H&G 68. Best bullet ever designed for target shooting in the .45 ACP. Personally I like 5.0-5.2 grs. of WW231. I like WW231 because it is a little cleaner than Bullseye. JMHO

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
THE LYMAN 452460-200GR over 7.0GR of Unique for 975fps from the COLT NM 45 and the same from the RUGER OM 4 5/8" BLACKHAWK. Either pistol with that load will take the X out of the X-ring and never come close to touching the ring itself.
The same bullet, in my old S&W M25-2 6 1/2" pistol, riding 6.7GR of Unique shot the smallest group I ever fired at 25 yards, 1/4" C-TO-C.
NO 45ACP pistol I ever owned would come close with the the H&G 68 or THE SAECO 69, and I must have tested fifteen propellents in trying.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I am also a fan of the Lyman/Ideal 452460. I cast soft and lube soft and load over just about any powder listed for it. It just plain works. In a semi auto I prefer it because it doesn't have the long nose that the others have and gives a longer bore riding bearing surface; I'm convinced that that promotes accuracy. It works well in my NS from AR or Auto cases. RCBS has a mold that is almost an exact duplicate and also works just as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The H&G #68 or the RCBS 452-201-KT 200gn cast L-SWCs.
If you want to buy them, then go to MasterCastBullets.com and get their 14BHN 200gn L-SWCs.
Swaged bullets are sometimes more accurate. Look to Zero 185gn swaged L-SWCHP or their 200gn swaged L-SWC. Very accurate in my guns, but so are the mastercastbullets.com's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just started reloading not to long ago, I have a 70 series 38 special only takes wad cutters, I bought the Lee .357 wad cutter mould and use bullseye, my weight was 2.4 they were shooting very clean I made a box of 3.0 and there very dirty and totally different to shoot, going back to 2.4

·
Registered
163 Posts
+1 on the 200 gr SWC! Shoots beautiful out of a full size 1911! For me, it is much more accurate than a 230 gr. LRN!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm shooting a 200g lswc over 4.0g clays. Oal of 1.24. If I use a 185g lswc I drop to 3.8g of clays. Very accurate and capable of producing 1.5" ten shot groups at 50yds off a ransom rest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts