Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Low Quality Web Pics (1).jpg Colt Low Quality Web Pics (2).jpg Colt Low Quality Web Pics (3).jpg
I have here 2 Colt Frontier Scouts from 1962' both are the same 22LR and unfired and unturned I was told.
The serial numbers are 8477P & 8478P.
I recently purchased these from a neighbor. I have learned of Don Wilkersons book stating that there was approximately 100 of these sent out before the sets in presentation cases. It says $117 on the box.
I contacted Colt but all they did was confirm these 2 serial numbers were shipped to the same location.
The box is starting to fall apart from age but was taped with clear tape.

I am trying to figure out a fair value to possibly sell these depending what they are worth. I am having a difficult time though since I really cant find any actively for sale to compare. Can someone please tell me what a typical gun enthusiast does in this situation to come up with a fair value?

Thank You for any info anyone can help me with!
Daniel

Premium Member
Hold tight and Buckspen and probably a few others will give you some good input when they see your post.
I'm a Colt Peacemaker 22/New Frontier 22 collector and I only have a few examples of the Scout series which came earlier, and I won't be accurate with what you are asking. Don's book is the best book for all these model guns.
Buckspen might be able to give you an idea of value. I think you likely have a very valuable set there. Very nice.
welcome to the Colt forum.

Premium Member
Hold tight and Buckspen and probably a few others will give you some good input when they see your post.
I'm a Colt Peacemaker 22/New Frontier 22 collector and I only have a few examples of the Scout series which came earlier, and I won't be accurate with what you are asking. Don's book is the best book for all these model guns.
Buckspen might be able to give you an idea of value. I think you likely have a very valuable set there. Very nice.
welcome to the Colt forum.
+1; Welcome to the Colt Forum.

Registered
Hello Daniel, and welcome to the Forum. A beautiful pair indeed! Are you sure you want to part with them? You'll have answers very soon. Enjoy!

Registered
Beautiful SAA's - no doubt you have a great set. According to Don only 300 - 400 match sets were produced, you definitely have the original box and most likely it was manufactured in 1962 (late). Altogether over 65,000 od the 62 series were made.

My advice - as others said wait to you hear from Buckspen and invest in a letter of authenticity from Colt. It will be worth it.

PS: you will be getting many offers to buy. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.